There are many reasons why people become Virtual Assistants. I’ve often shared the importance of joining a VA Network.
Why is that? There are a number of reasons:
- Most VA Networks have their own discussion forums.
- Community. This industry is very much built on community and when you’re working home alone all day, being able to connect with others online is a saving grace.
- Being able to learn from others without necessarily paying for that learning.
- Joining in and sharing your knowledge and feeling good about helping others.
- Learning about resources, services, and products that would be useful in your business.
- Learning from others mistakes.
- Having people to vent to when you just need some understanding and support.
- Being able to ask for help from someone who may know the program better than you.
These other benefits generally relate to being a financial member of a network.
- Getting your business listed on the network site – often their Google ranking is higher than yours.
- Receiving client referrals from the network site, or via other network members.
- Networks vet their members to ensure they have the skill-set required to promote to clients.
- Knowing you have experienced VAs to refer to when you need help with a client, or need to share a project.
- Being able to place your clients with a member VA while you go away on holiday or take some much needed leave.
- Some networks provide additional member benefits such as: training course, website hosting, email accounts, educational events, conferences, etc
- Occasional other benefits include eBooks, membership offers and discounts, etc.
- Partnership offerings from other businesses.
Are you someone who has thought about joining a VA Network but thought that it might be too expensive if you’re not yet earning much income? Or perhaps you feel you’ve already got enough work. What happens if you need to take a break, go away for a bit, have a holiday, need to take sick leave or something else? Do you have other VAs you can refer your clients to for the short-term? Being a member of a VA Network can be very beneficial to you.
I would like to offer you a year’s membership to the VA Directory, and include one year’s web hosting at a special rate. Interested? Click here for details.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.