Below is a list of things available to you as a member of the VA Directory Team
Testimonial from one of our chat forum members:
Everyday I wake up and smile because this has turned out to be the best thing I have ever done. Unlike some of those amazing women who are working from home and running a family – mine are all grown, so it’s just my time everyday and I love being able to take a break when I want to, wear daggy clothes (except for when a client is coming) and not having to put on makeup, especially on these colder mornings. I think I am deeply happy with life and a lot of it is due, not just to working from home, but having support from all these ladies on VAIG and other VA’s that I’ve ‘met’ online. There’s a lot to be said for a sense of community and belonging.
Marie Chandler – Virtual Assistant
Office Support Online
I have been a member of A Clayton’s Secretary for several years now and I have enjoyed my time there. Kathie Thomas has helped me grow my business and supported me over the years, and I really appreciate it and thank her from the bottom of my heart. She is truly an inspiration. Thanks Kathie!
When you join the following becomes immediately available to you as an VA Directory Member
|1.||VA Directory Member Pack is sent out to you with a Welcome Booklet explaining how your membership works and covers many topics including: accepting client credit cards, accreditation, advertising, backing up your data, how the job leads work, renewal of membership, safety in the home, participating in the chat forum and the use of our logo.|
|2.||ACS News – regular newsletters that keeps you (and our clients) informed.|
|3.||Advertising and Promotions The team are also promoted via The Australian Government Directory, search engines, business directories online, Facebook advertising, occasional radio advertising in Melbourne, interviews and podcasts in other regions, articles written for National (Australian) magazines and newspapers, also articles written for international publications online, and through the promotional activities of individual members.|
|4.||Advice – help desk support available to members via email or phone, to assist you with that job or new client.|
|5.||Jobleads – Client requests are sent out regularly through our head office or by other team members and delivered to you by email. These are shown in our Twitter feed on our website too, but you can only get the client contact details if you respond via the job leads list. This is done via a separate email list to the chat forum and is available to members only. There are no guarantees as to how much work you will receive but we do get job requests almost every day of the week, and often several times a day. Many ACS members pick up clients within a short time of joining the network.|
|6.||Blog Subscription – Our VA Blog keeps you informed about the VA industry, gives advice to both new VAs and clients looking to use VAs.|
|7.||Blogging Opportunities for Members Only – showcase your blogs on our website.|
|8.||VA Directory Facebook Group|
|9.||Direct Client Contact – via your website listing (Regular and Premium members). Clients can choose to contact you direct by email, phone or fax as per your listing on our website|
|10.||Member Only Discounts to events, conferences, memberships etc.|
We cannot guarantee how much work you will get. But we know this is the main reason VAs join our team. There are 6 more benefits below you can receive as a member – please don’t overlook these.
- Email Address – if you’re using a free email address or ISP address, then you are welcome to have a personalised address set up for you, using anyone of our VA domains. This can be done either through redirection or setting up a POP3 account for you (Premium members).
- Free copy of The Home-Grown Secretary – an ebook filled with suggestions on the types of services you could supply, how to set up your office, tax considerations, choosing a business name, networking on and offline, etc. More books available for sale at the bookstore.
- Free copy of How To Market Your VA Business – previously provided free on this website, this book is now only free to ACS members – available to purchase at our bookstore by the public.
- Global network – you become part of a larger organisation, whilst maintaining your individuality and ability to work from/at home.
- Multiple awards – “A Clayton’s Secretary” has been the recipient of many awards in the administration/secretarial field. This helps build the reputation of the network and benefits each member. The opportunity to build a network of professional contacts through the Internet to exchange information, experiences and ideas with your peers.
- Web Listing (Directory) – on your own individual web page extensively listed with search engines (Regular and Premium members). Links provided back to your own website, if you have one. The site is regularly maintained, updated, and therefore listed with regular fresh content. Separate search facility on the site so that clients can find you whether they are seeking by skill, software used or by location.
The following items are additional and available to you at a special rate because of your VA Directory membership
- Add Copy-writing to your service: Make extra money by offering copywriting to your clients. You can earn from $50- $150/hour by writing advertisements, website text, brochures and other promotional material for your clients. If you enjoy playing with words, are interested in advertising and feel the need to express yourself creatively, becoming a freelance copywriter is a great service you can offer from home with no capital outlay.
- VA Coaching & Training – 12 week online coaching course for new and established virtual assistants, with Kathie M. Thomas. At end of course you will receive a certificate of completion, plus a full copy of the course in spiral book form. Discounts available for ACS membership and other VA items on completion of the course.
- One of the most popular training certification course right now is VAClassroom’s Social Marketing Specialist Program. Craig Cannings, the co-founder of VAClassroom and developer of this program, has seen so many amazing testimonies on how this niche training program has helped to increase many of their graduates’ client and income opportunities!
- VA Software Training brought to you by Anita Pastor, AJIA Training. Anita has put together a training package to assist all members of ACS to get the most out of their VA software use. 15% discount on her regular training prices – just let Anita know your ACS membership number for verification of your eligibility for training at these great prices.
- VBS System A system that provides document templates, web templates, email templates and all sorts of other things, designed to assist Virtual Assistants in their businesses.
- Web Design also available – various members of the team provide these services.
- Web Hosting – also Domain registrations. Includes WordPress software, control panel facilities, web based email, and heaps of other extras.
Other items that are available to you:
AVAA (Australian Virtual Assistant Association) – membership of non-profit organisation for this industry in Australia. Must be Australian based to be eligible to join.
The Cartridge Family – printer cartridges that can be ordered by email, fax or the phone, or even pop in if you’re local
(Unit 1, 31 Rushdale Street, Knoxfield, Vic). 30 day payment by EFT, cheque or credit card. Experts in printers and cartridges.
TheCartridgeFamily 1300 1 TONER (1300 186 637), Fax: 1300 782 163
We have companies contacting us to offer special deals for our members from time to time so membership is really beneficial. A member’s pack is sent out to all new members with information on the above benefits and more. Includes a formula for working out rates that are right for you – but if you’re already operating and have your own rates, there is no need to change. We do not dictate what you should charge, but rather just give guidance if you are not sure.
Please note: some items listed above attract fees additional to membership subscription to the VA Directory Network.
- VA Directory is a Virtual Assistant Network with members in many countries and is not an employer organisation.
- VA Directory does not offer employment or guarantee members will secure clients as a result of their membership, however regularly receives client requests which are forwarded to team members as they come into the office.
- VA Directory reserves the right to change membership fees without notice.
Updated: 22 April 2021