When you first set up your VA business, hopefully you look at your existing skills and choose to only offer services that match your skills and abilities. I do often see new, and some not so new, VAs asking at forums about offering services they know nothing about. It’s quite obvious otherwise they wouldn’t be asking how to do ….? for something that might seem basic to those already experienced in that skillset.
That aside, I want to encourage you to think about where your skills are today?
- When was the last course you took – either online or at a college?
- When was the last seminar you attended – online (webinar) or on the phone (teleseminar) or in person at some venue not far away?
- What books have you recently read to advance your people skills, your computer skills and your general business skills?
- What else have you done to improve your skills and grow your services for your business?
- Have you stayed static – because you either didn’t have the time, or don’t know what else you’d like to learn?
- Perhaps you feel you’re doing OK as is and don’t need to make any changes or improvements?
The value of many VA forums is that members often discuss courses they’ve taken, certifications they’ve achieved, awards they’ve won, things they’ve learned through reading or attending seminars and so on. This is good because it’s an educational process just hearing about new things and providing opportunity to explore, listen and learn. I encourage you to look at your current skillset and think about what else you can do to move forward with your business.