VA Directory (ABN 69088686063) of PO Box 5305, Mordialloc, Victoria 3195, Australia (“VA Directory”). This policy sets out how we handle your personal information if you’re a user or visitor to our Sites. This applies across VA Directory and VA Trainer (the “Sites”).
When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘VA Directory’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the above mentioned Sites.
VA Directory may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 1 September 2008 and was updated on 1 March 2021.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, and other relevant information relating to your job request or product purchase, or membership application
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers on odd occasions
- Payment details are managed via third party offsite secure services – you may need to check their privacy policies separately from this site.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the requested service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You are welcome to unsubscribe at any given time. Your information will be removed from our database when we receive notification of your unsubscribe.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes via one of the contact sources you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will send any information you requested on a regular basis via VAD News, online course program, etc.
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
- Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in the US, UK, and Australia in order to process a transaction (e.g. PayPal, DirectDebi, Trybooking and any other payment services we might use from time to time);
- Third party service providers (like Google, Facebook, Affiliate program) who are located in the US or UK, which may provide information about you when you connect with us via the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorised by you via your privacy settings at that service provider; and
- Other third party sources/ and or partners from Australia, US or UK, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service.
When we disclose your personal information
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in Australia and US; Virtual Assistant support services which are located in Australia, Botswana, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, UK and the US; subscription management services which are located in Australia; payment processing services which are located in the US, Europe and Australia.
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, bookkeepers, etc.) who are located in Australia;
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- A third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- A third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address reputational or financial risks;
- A rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement;
- In the event of sale of part or all of our business, the purchaser or prospective purchaser, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase; and
- Other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Australian Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held by VA Directory please write to PO Box 566, Emerald, Victoria, Australia, 3782 or email at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Attention those in the EU
While the majority of our business is done in Australia we recognise that there are occasions when potential clients will make contact or someone will purchase a service or product via our site. The above should help you to understand what we do with your contact information, if that has been collected. If you subscribe to a newsletter or our blog, only your name and email address are collected. Further contact details are only required should a purchase take place, or a request is made for a VA to support you in your business.
Where applicable to the GDPR, the information above has been updated in line with the EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).